Old 11-05-2008, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Flamegun weedkiller - Sheen X300

On Sun, 11 May 2008 12:25:15 GMT, Jim wrote:

I find a wick laying around the coil and jet. As such, I guess the
technique is to soak the wick in meths, ignite the wick, then proceed
after the meths is about gone.

Yep, that's what I would do.

Cleanliness points noted re jet and paraffin quality.

I'd not worry to much about using a "refined" parafin with a nice bit of
perfume added and a hefty markup on price. I'd take a few litres out of
the heating oil tank...

I wonder how much a gallon of paraffin is from a shed these days? Heating
oil is 50p/l now.

If OK, it's a good 20 pounds worth - they sell for ~145 online !

Even if it needs a new jet £20 is a bargin.

--
Cheers
Dave.