Old 12-05-2008, 12:32 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Squash vine borers

Billy wrote:
In article , Charlie wrote:

On Sat, 10 May 2008 21:52:26 -0500, "Katey Didd"
wrote:

Ironite.........

Uh oh...ironite. Of course, if you are using Sevin, Ironite is likely
of no concern to you.

Care
Charlie

What Charlie is trying to say in his own inimitable way is the presence
of heavy metals in Ironite(R) has resulted in its banning in Canada and
lawsuits in the United States due to the potential release of heavy
metals, most notably arsenic and lead.
http://www.epa.gov/nrmrl/lrpcd/wm/projects/135367.htm

Yep, I bought a bag of Ironite about 10 or 15 years ago, before the word
got out about how nasty the stuff is. I poured the whole bag down a
well to get rid of it. ;-)

Bob