Old 12-05-2008, 12:36 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
David Hare-Scott David Hare-Scott is offline

Default Swiss Chard bolting : Still edible ?

"MrMe" wrote in message
news
My swiss chard has bolted some time ago. The stalks are about
3 foot tall. I am hoping to gather some seeds from it for next
planting.

My question is: Can we continue to eat it..? Will it still be
palatable ? I've heard that some plants become more bitter
when this happens.

= Me =

It should be fine, in fact the little leaves that it makes around the flower
stem will be quite tender and sweet.

David