Old 05-04-2003, 04:58 PM
John Towill

Default Neighbours Help

--
"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Kay Easton" wrote in message

A long time ago I used to live in a house with no indoor toilet. Since
it also had no heating in the bedroom, there was absolutely no
temptation to make night time visits to the toilet down the garden, so
we used to keep a bucket by the back door, and added the contents to the
hole in the ground into which I used to tip the veg peelings and tea
leaves. It was the best and sweetest compost I've ever made.

Thanks for that

Today we bought a drainpipe to put down the centre of the bin. We will
drill holes in it and see what happens. Does anyone think it would be a
good idea to drill holes in the actuall bin too?

I have two bins, as an experiment I made holes in one and not the other.
They both seem to work ok, but the one with no holes has mage a much
"cleaner compost". Incidently I made the hole by heating an iron rod and
burning through the plastic. the advantage of this is that the rim of the
whole are much stronger and not liable to split. best to do this in the
open though.

As regards your mardy neighbour, I guess people who live near sewage farms,
sillage silos and muck spread fields have a better case, and quite rightly
just have to grin and bear it.
Cheers
John T
Remove the wet from towill to reply