Old 11-05-2008, 07:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Spiders

In article ,
Des Higgins writes:

| Of course, the Little Englanders who get paranoid about even the most
| harmless creatures (such as vipers and lynx) are beyond hope.
|
| Vipers I can understand.

Why? They are less of a risk to humans in the UK than bumblebees
or mice.

| Small flies and Woodlice scare some people.

It's not the being scared that is the issue, it is the becoming
paranoid. We desperately need lynx in England to deal with the
harm caused by uncontrolled deer. Yet there is serious and very
influential opposition on the grounds of danger to humans.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.