Old 11-05-2008, 11:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sheila Sheila is offline

Default coverage for arches.

" One of the prettiest things to do with arches is to use Wisteria or
Laburnum
over them, or both. You could combine them side by side or alternate them
so that one arch is Laburnum and the other Wisteria etc.
Depending on where you live, the evergreen winter flowering Clematis
armandii is a possibility and so is Clematis balearica.

We are in Formby, Merseyside, quite sheltered, not lashed by sea breezes! I
will take note of those Clematis, and I have Laburnum in the garden already,
really beautiful when in flower, and I have always wanted a Wisteria......