Old 05-04-2003, 05:20 PM
Cereoid+10+

Default What kind of flower is this?

I would suggest calling the college and asking to be put in touch with
the landscaping department.

Why don't you do that?

Let us know what you hear from the landscape department. Is that in the same
building as horticulture? You think George Mason University is heavy into
gardening? LOL

Frogleg wrote in message
On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 06:30:28 GMT, "Cereoid+10+"
wrote:

Lets wait until she replies before making any more rash decisons.

I really don't believe she actually took any precise measurements, if you
know what I mean.

It would be nice if she actually described the plant after looking at it

up
close.

I have seen "Lilly of the Valley" planted on college campuses before.

Hyacinths would seem far less likely.

gregpresley wrote in message
I'm not sure this is what she was referring to, Cereoid, since she

describes
the plants as being about 2 feet tall.

The difference between an unmeasured two feet (with white and creamy
brown blossoms) and an actual height of 8" with white flowers seems
too great a distinction to attribute to careless observation. "Covered
with delicate white flowers" also doesn't sound like LotV, which can
be easily described and identified. In addition, LotV are not in bloom
now (150mi S. of George Mason U.)