Old 05-04-2003, 05:20 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Botany

Botany for Gardeners is a pretty good book. In what areas do
you think you
need more bio that isn't covered there?

Bunabayashi Bonsai On The World Wide Web:

http://www.bunabayashi.com
email:

The Florida Department of Agriculture used to have "Botany
Handbook for Florida," a 50-page primer on botany. The agency
gave it away. I have no idea if it is still available. If it
is, however, the current administration makes the public pay for
tax-supported publications, so it won't be free any longer.

The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (!)
website is at:
http://www.doacs.state.fl.us/index.html but a
quick scan failed to find that publication. You can also check
out: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/. The University of Florida's Ag
school may have something.

But as David said, I can't imagine you needing more than the book
you have can give you -- short of a degree in botany. ;-)

Go to www.abebooks.com and search for "botany" and see what
happens.

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: