Old 12-05-2008, 08:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Adam Adam is offline

Default Organic slug pellets

Sacha wrote:
I think someone was asking recently about organic methods of deterring
slugs. Although we sell these, we haven't tried them so I can't vouch for
them personally. However, the details a

Growing Success Advanced Slug Pellets (Ferramol®) 750g

a. based on Iron (III) phosphate (also known as Ferric phosphate).
b. does NOT contain methiocarb or metaldehyde.
c. Fully biodegradable.
d. Rain resistant.
e. Children, pets and wildlife need not be excluded from treated
areas (but store the product in its original container in a safe place out
of the reach of children and animals. Follow the directions for use
carefully).

Shop around a bit because prices vary.

FWIW, I've been using these pellets and found them to be quite
effective. Probably not as good as metaldehyde, but certainly a lot
better than any other organic method I've ever tried.

Adam