Old 12-05-2008, 08:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Wanted a very large, almost decadently beautiful, clematis.

On 12/5/08 08:35, in article ,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

In article ,
says...
On 11/5/08 13:14, in article
, "Judith in
France" wrote:

On May 11, 12:38 pm, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , Nick Maclaren
writes

I had a "henryi", but it died :-( That comes close. As does
"The President", which is an extreme purple.

I once had a lonicera henryi which was the most boring plant i have ever
owned, no fragrance and horrible small brown colour flowers.

Hope it wasn't named after the same plant breeder as the clematis!
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraphhttp://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk

I have now decided on 3!! Henryi and Marie bosselot as mentioned to
me by Charlie and Artic White by Sacha. I will Google on suppliers
round here to see if I can get them otherwise I will order them online
from England.

Thanks to everyone for suggestions.

Judith

I think Marie Boisselot may be known also as Madame Le Coultre but Charlie
will know for sure.

Tis the same clematis and the same person marie married a Le Coutre!

Even as I was typing that I wondered if that had to be the answer. ;-)
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk