Old 12-05-2008, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Aphids and soapy spray

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
Yesterday for the first time I tried spraying a big lupin with warm water
and washing up liquid. The plant was absolutely heaving with thousands of
aphids and starting to look quite poorly and wilting.
Today 99% of the aphids are black, shrivelled and dead. I'm really
impressed how quick and effective it has been.

I don't grow lupins because of the huge blue aphids which infested them when
I did.

There was a question on GQT about this yesterday. Someone said that they
were big enough to barbecue - as kebabs.

It amused me.

Mary