Old 12-05-2008, 12:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Aphids and soapy spray

Mary Fisher wrote:
I don't grow lupins because of the huge blue aphids which infested them when
I did.

There was a question on GQT about this yesterday. Someone said that they
were big enough to barbecue - as kebabs.

It amused me.

Mary

Yes, there seems to be all sizes from tiny to Godzilla. I'm surprised
the plant was still alive considering the amount of them sucking it's
sap. It was wilting and looked really poorly yesterday. Today it has
perked up and looking happy again.

I noticed the aphids had a bluish tinge about them so wasn't 100% sure
if they were aphids or blackfly. Are they a specific species that preys
on lupins?

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.