Old 12-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Flash Flash is offline
Registered User

Smile Scattering Seeds - Will this work?

Hello there,

I'm new here and a total gardening novice, so please forgive my ineptitude. I've heard people talk about scattering seeds and then flowers growing up from them. I have some overgrown grass in my garden that I would prefer to be some wild flowers and have a spare packet of wild flowers that includes field cornflowers, field poppies, ox-eye daisies, cowslip and foxglove.

If I were to sprinkle these seeds around the grass, is there any chance that they would grow/flourish? Would it help if I mowed the grass first? Or would I have to disturb the soil first/remove the grass/go through the normal seed growing routine?

I live in Buckinghamshire and like the rest of England, it is insanely sunny at the moment

Thanks for any feedback!