Old 22-02-2003, 08:15 PM
Neal Ross

Default [IBC] Priorities in bonsai design

I think it depends upon how well your trunk is developed to begin with. If
you are happy with your trunk size I would go for it myself. But if you
still have your trunk to develop or if you plan on doing a trunk chop I
would still give it the larger sized pot to allow for free growth of a new
leader. Then once I had developed my new leader I would start selecting
which branches I intended to keep for the final design. After I got to about
2/3 completion of that part, then I would put it into a shallower pot. But
that is just me and I am only going by what I have read and heard others
talking about. I am still in the trunk development stage on 95% of my trees.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++