Old 12-05-2008, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h) Cat(h) is offline

Default Aphids and soapy spray

On May 12, 1:45*pm, David in Normandy
wrote:
Des Higgins wrote:
I remember informally seeing mention of "lupin aphids" and you
certainly tend to see them on most lupin plants sooner or later and
they are distinctive through sheer size but here is the lowdown as
found by google:

http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile...upin_aphid.asp

Interesting link, thanks Des. I notice they mention a list of chemical
insecticides but surprisingly don't mention the substantially cheaper
and less toxic method I used. I would have thought the RHS would be more
supportive of such approaches.

They talk of "fatty acids". Isn't that the active ingredient in soap?

Cat(h)