Old 12-05-2008, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default Aphids and soapy spray

On 12 May 2008 13:18:20 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

In article ,
"Cat(h)" writes:

| I am just wondering just how non-toxic washing up liquid truly is, and
| would using something like Ecover's stuff be better than, say, Fairy
| Liquid?

Very. It's more toxic than soap, but that's almost edible.

The difference is in the adjuncts, and a less poncy one might well
be better.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Can one still buy Fairy Soap Flakes. My father used to mix these with
water to spray the aphids, before the days of detergents. Could one
grate Fairy Soap and mix that? I remember using a spray of some
supermarket's own brand washing up liquid once and it killed the
aphids and the plants!

Pam in Bristol