Old 12-05-2008, 11:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Paulo da Costa[_2_] Paulo da Costa[_2_] is offline

Default Onions

Mike wrote:

"www.locoworks.com" wrote:

On May 11, 12:27 pm, "Mike" wrote:
I planted some white and green onions seeds in a small plot 3 weeks’ back
(u.s. zone 10)
They all sprouted but now most have withered. Any suggestions on what to do
different next time?

Did you have a frost?

Theres never any frost here in Socal zone 10
http://www.pondkoi.com/zones.htm

I live in the SF Bay Area and my green onions are blooming already,
after growing all through the winter. Onions are cold-season crops, they
go dormant when it gets hot in the Summer. I suggest you plant your
onions in late fall