Old 13-05-2008, 01:27 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
SteveB[_6_] SteveB[_6_] is offline

Default Tender loving manipulative suggestive gardening

"Val" wrote in message

"SteveB" toquerville,utah@zionvistas wrote in message

What's a good book for me to go buy her and casually place next to the
toilet or wine cabinet or someplace she's sure to see it? Something
REALLY simple that goes over some of these most basic things, so she can
read it somewhere. If she reads it or hears it on Oprah, it's the rule
for the month in our house, even though I may have said the same thing
for ten years.

Help in tender loving firmhanded manipulation appreciated.

Steve

Have I got the book for you!!

Clueless in the Garden: A Guide for the Horticulturally Helpless
ISBN: 1552634094
Yvonne Cunningham

I gave this book to my son when he moved into his first house. He
practically needed an arrow on a plant saying "this end up". Worked pretty
good too, he's now to the point of trying to slip some of my 'more
advanced' garden books out the door when he visits and his garden
(landscaping to veggies) is looking darned good too. I spent an evening
reading through this book before I wrapped it up for him. I was really
impressed with very clear, concise instructions and explanations and
common sense advise. Plus she writes with a witty sense of humor so it's
fun to read. You might want to read the reviews on Amazon.com if you need
more convincing.

You could always make a 'faux cover' for the book before you put it out
for SWMBO to trip over........"Oprah's Guide To Gardening". Or break out
PhotoShop and your color printer and make a big sticker to slap on the
cover that says "Number 1 on Oprah's 2008 Must Read Book List" She'll
jump on it like a chicken does a grub worm.

Val

$44 to $100 on amazon.com

It must be good.

Steve