Old 13-05-2008, 01:38 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Val Val is offline

Default Tender loving manipulative suggestive gardening

I paid around $50.00 plus in 2004 for my son's book and I really think it
was well worth it. He uses it all the time for reference and trouble
shooting. This book holds it's content value even beyond the initial novice
stage. It isn't a one time read through. I got the book at Flora & Fauna in
Seattle. When the owner handed me the book with his recommendation my
reaction was a polite smile while thinking...."No way in hell am I paying
that....and certainly not for a used book!" After thumbing through it I
decided to bite the bullet. After getting it home and really examining it I
was OK with the price......after I saw how much my son got out of the book
and still does I'm glad I got it for him. It was a good investment IMO.
YMMV

That book is being reprinted with a different title for Canadian
distribution. I have no idea the particulars or if the price will be less.

I will put out feelers to my used book stores and also my garden meet up
groups. I'll let you know if I hear any news.

Val

"SteveB" toquerville,utah@zionvistas wrote in message

"Val" wrote

Have I got the book for you!!

Clueless in the Garden: A Guide for the Horticulturally Helpless
ISBN: 1552634094
Yvonne Cunningham

I gave this book to my son when he moved into his first house. He
practically needed an arrow on a plant saying "this end up".

snip

Val

Do you or anyone in the ng have an extra copy? I can't seem to find one
for less than $40, and I'm sorry, but I won't pay that much for a 200 page
paperback book unless it is a rarity. And then, I'm not sure. I Googled
for a while, and most were out, or overpriced. IIRC, it came out in 2003.

Steve