Old 13-05-2008, 06:06 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Squash vine borers

In article ,
"Katey Didd" wrote:

Charlie wrote in message
On Sat, 10 May 2008 21:52:26 -0500, "Katey Didd"
wrote:

Ironite.........

Uh oh...ironite. Of course, if you are using Sevin, Ironite is likely
of no concern to you.

Should it be? Our soil is so alkaline it's recommended Ironite be used.

Care
Charlie

Dispose of the Ironite in an ecological manner (the jerk next door is
always a good choice). Excuse me, I seem to be having a schizophrenic
moment. As I was saying, in an ecologically responsible manner, and use
sulfur powder or sphagnum moss to lower your soil's pH. The world will
thank you. Your community will thank you, and your metabolism will thank
you.
--

Billy