Old 13-05-2008, 12:50 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
enigma enigma is offline

Default Squash vine borers

"Katey Didd" wrote in
:

Charlie wrote in message
On Sat, 10 May 2008 21:52:26 -0500, "Katey Didd"
wrote:

Ironite.........

Uh oh...ironite. Of course, if you are using Sevin,
Ironite is likely of no concern to you.

Should it be? Our soil is so alkaline it's recommended
Ironite be used.

use powdered lime to counteract alkalinity. Ironite is nasty
stuff.
chemicals like Sevin should be used sparingly, if at all, as
well.
stick around & ask questions. we can help you move to a more
organic (& possibly less expensive) form of gardening.
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there