Old 13-05-2008, 07:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Scattering Seeds - Will this work?

On 13/5/08 02:21, in article , "Flash"
wrote:

beccabunga;791185 Wrote:
It is absolutely pointless to try and scatter seed in overgrown grass.
If you want to scatter these seeds, you will have to clear the grass,
prepare the soil and then scatter them.

Prince Charles discovered this at Highgrove, where he tried growing
wild flowers along the drive.

Well, thanks for that rather abrupt post, you certainly know how to
welcome the new folk.

Two replies almost instantly giving you the information you need is very
welcoming, I'd say.
But if you want still more help, I'd suggest you make enquiries locally for
companies that sell turf pre-seeded with wild flowers. If there are none
locally, you may find some advertising in gardening magazines.
For the future you'd probably find even more gardening information if you
tried using a newsreader to read and contribute to uk.rec.gardening instead
of going through garden banter which merely reprints all our posts without
permission but for commercial purposes. There is a long archive for urg and
a wealth of information available from its members, all free. So if we
don't crack open the champagne and roll out the red carpet, please forgive
us - time is a bit pressing for most of us and unlike garden banter, none of
us make any money out of helping people here with gardening questions. The
idea of uk.rec.gardening is that we all help each other for love of the
subject, not for gain. Enjoy your garden........

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk