Old 13-05-2008, 01:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Scattering Seeds - Will this work?

On May 13, 12:37 pm, Martin wrote:
On Tue, 13 May 2008 03:35:24 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On May 13, 11:27 am, Martin wrote:
On Tue, 13 May 2008 03:17:09 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On May 13, 2:21 am, Flash wrote:
beccabunga;791185 Wrote:

It is absolutely pointless to try and scatter seed in overgrown grass.
If you want to scatter these seeds, you will have to clear the grass,
prepare the soil and then scatter them.

Prince Charles discovered this at Highgrove, where he tried growing
wild flowers along the drive.

Well, thanks for that rather abrupt post, you certainly know how to
welcome the new folk.

--
Flash

The advice given was good Flash. About 10 years ago, I bought so many
wild flower seeds, that if they had all come up it would have been
outstanding. I threw them onto the long grass on the land in
question, some land we own but don't use. I have yet to see any wild
flowers of the type I threw there. Now I have a container full of
"Shake and Scatter" Heirloom Flowers for the Cottage Garden! On the
back, there is a diagram showing exactly what has been advised here,
clearing a bit of the grass. Good gardening and come back and let us
know how successful you were.

I am off to clear a bit of grass now and hopefully I will be able to
post a pic when they bloom. Welcome to urg. BTW it's a nice group
full of people who really know what they are talking about, however,
you can omit me, I am still the bumbling amateur I always was but
enjoying it.

Judith is the one with the gold hobnailed boots for stamping on horses tails.
--

Martin

I'll stamp all over you if you tell all my secretas lol

The spider is the one with the hairy legs.

Mike is the one who let his seeds fall on the barren land.
--

Martin

Who? Are you speaking in riddles!

Judith