Old 13-05-2008, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Another spider Q

"Des Higgins" wrote in message

I feel ill.
This has a similar effect on me as seeing plans to "clean up" areas
like walls (e.g. remove weeds) or to tidy up grassy banks in villages
or roadside verges by planting supermarket car park style shrubs and
with dense decorative mulch. I have seen these justified on
environmental grounds. Products for killing spiders belong with
products for dying your poodle pink.

Des

Same here.

The council workmen often spray herbicides along the margins of our ginnel,
thus depriving us of seeing the beautiful arching grasses which grow from
them.

They never, ever, clean up litter of any kind.

The tarmac surface is in a dangerous state. It hasn't been re-surfaced in
forty odd years.

The ginnel is used daily by children going to school as well as adults who
use it to save a mile long detour.

It's also used by pizza delivery 'staff'. There are bollards at each end,
they keep being torn up or broken to allow the scooters to go through.

So our children and others have to walk along a filthy, broken surfaced,
litter and large items dump.

But there aren't any weeds so that's alright.

Mary