Old 13-05-2008, 05:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Garrapata Garrapata is offline

Default help identify cycad please

On Mon, 12 May 2008 23:37:11 -0500, how wrote:

Garrapata wrote:
On Sat, 10 May 2008 15:48:06 -0500, "Larry"
wrote:

The big ones look like a Palm - Phoenix robellini the small one in front
is a Cycad - Cycas revoluta.
You might want to find a better place for them though, the Palms are
blocking the view to and from the house
If they were in my yard and I didn't want them I would try to sell them,
or give them away, they are easy to move.
I would take the Cycas off of your hands :-)

Hi,
Palms yes P. roebelenii no. For sure a young P. canariensis or perhaps
one of the other large Phoenix species.

HTH -_- how

I see young P. canarienis and roebellni here in the Monterey Bay area
and the narrow leaflets made me think they were roebellini. If they are
canariensis they get way too big for their location
--

09=ix