Old 13-05-2008, 10:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
tstovall tstovall is offline

Default comfrey seed sprouting?

"Jan Flora" wrote in message
In article ,
"tstovall" wrote:

I bought some common comfrey seeds. I placed some in the lower
refrigerator
for a few months before trying all these methods with those and the rest
not
put in the refrigerator: I tried to sprout under glass (saran wrap)
with
some under lights for 14 hours a day and some in darkness. I've tried
some
in the garden where I want them. I've tried some wrapped in a paper
towel
moistened and placed in a sandwich bag on a window ledge.

Is there a trick to sprouting comfrey seeds? and no, I don't have access
comfrey roots.
And yes, the thought occured to me that its a bad batch of seeds.
~tom

If that's Tom in the Republic of Texas, I'll send you some Russian
comfrey roots. We have a whole bunch that escaped the garden and took
over a wet swale on one of our hay meadows.

Is your mailing address on your website? Will the Dept. of Ag in Texas
get made at me for sending you some roots without asking for their
blessing?

Jan in Alaska

How very generous Jan. Thank you but I am not that Tom in Texas. I'm
scouring the entire city for roots.
~tom