Old 13-05-2008, 11:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default taxes and the best place to vegetable garden?

Actually, the soil in the hill country is pretty rocky.
The alluvial plains below it tho' are good, but then there is the danger
of tornadoes and bad storms.

There is a reason I live in the upper areas West of IH-35. The hilly
terrain breaks up the winds. The worst I've gotten here in this house in
20 years is a couple of bad hail storms.

I garden in all raised beds and containers.

In article ,
"tstovall" wrote:

Texas is hard for me to figure the tax liability. Personal Property taxes
vary by local districts/towns. And my own liability is that I don't speak
Spanish. But it does list 41st out of 50 on my handy dandy state tax
comparison chart. South Texas is way too hot for me but central Texas is so
pretty and I think that the climate/soil for gardening in the hill country
is great.
~tom
"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"tstovall" wrote:

I'm wondering where to retire. It would have to be in a location where
housing prices are not outa this world, like San Diego, etc. But I also
want
a place that I can grow wonderful vegetables most of the year. Even if
that
means in a northern state with season extensions and a greenhouse. Or the
deep south. or, what's your thoughts on climate and taxes!!!? Don't
vege's
taste better with less taxes?
~tom

Texas has no state income tax, property and housing are lower in many
areas than in California, and South and South Central have loooong
growing seasons.
--
Peace! Om

until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein