Old 14-05-2008, 05:40 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tom J Tom J is offline

Default How are you getting at your lawn tractor blade?

Mac Cool wrote:
If I raise the deck I can just barely get under there to sharpen the
blade with a file. I can tip it on it's side but that hardly seems
good for the mower. I've been thinking of building some kind of
ramp.

I made a 3 section ramp that the space between the tires could be
removed when the mower was parked on top of the ramp, leaving space to
get to the blades. I only ramped up 1 side 8" and that gave me plenty
of room to remove the blades and sharpen them on my bench grinder.
Beat filing with a hand file any day. You do notice all this is past
tense. I sold the farm with the 5 acre lawn!! My 40 X 50 foot lawn
now is in miniature mundo grass that I mow with a walk behind self
propelled mower once a year.
:-)
Tom J