Old 14-05-2008, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
adm adm is offline

Default Flamegun weedkiller - Sheen X300

On 2008-05-13 22:07:11 +0100, "Dave Liquorice"
said:

On Tue, 13 May 2008 15:42:50 +0100, adm wrote:

One question: will these run happily on ordinary heating oil (which I
think is Kerosene 28)?

Yes, kerosene, 28sec oil, paraffin, jet fuel are all more or less the
same. Some one has already reported running one on diesel (35sec oil).

Provided you can get the oil to vapourise and the burning oil produced
enouigh heat to keep up a supply of vaporised oil I reckon you could run
it on anything from used veg oil or engine oil to kerosene/parafin. I
wouldn't try petrol or camping stove fuel though...

Veg oil and used engine oil may well increase the need for more
maintenance in keeping the thing clean. I doubt old engine oil would burn
particulary cleanly. Used veg oil would have to be filtered before use.

Ta.

Now - if my heating oil is basically jet fuel I wonder if I can run my
diesel car on it......it's about a third of the price of diesel.