Old 15-05-2008, 02:15 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JB[_1_] JB[_1_] is offline

Default Is this Normal?

Could be. Is your pond situated under an Oak tree? Mine used to be and every
spring my water turned brown from the tannins in the leaves that fell in the
water. My current pond is not located under any trees and gets a fair amount
of sunlight. Now it's green water every spring until I get the algae bloom
under control.

JB

"Peter Pan" wrote in message
My pond water is turning brown and I'm unable to see to the bottom. Is
this normal? If not what am I doing wrong or better yet, what do I need to
do to correct this?

Thanks