Old 15-05-2008, 12:12 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Clark... Clark... is offline

Default How are you getting at your lawn tractor blade?

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Mac Cool said:

If I raise the deck I can just barely get under there to sharpen the
blade with a file. I can tip it on it's side but that hardly seems
good for the mower. I've been thinking of building some kind of ramp.

If you sharpen the blade without removing it, how are you going to
possibly keep it balanced?

And Eggs is an EXPERT in being unbalanced, ;-)

but needless to say he has a good point,
I balance my mower blades by placing them on my head after sharpening them,
and if they fall off my head, I sharpen the side of the blade that hit the
ground first, thus taking a little weight off that side.
grin.

Clark
--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?