Old 15-05-2008, 03:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Making a Thyme seat

On 15/5/08 09:03, in article
net, "Kate Morgan"
wrote:

I have just been reading an article re. how to make a Thyme seat, it was
made of old bricks and looked charming but I do not have enough old bricks
going spare. I do however have several bales of hay that are not needed and
as I do not like to see things go to waste I wondered if I could use them.
If I made holes in the bales and filled them with compost then plant Thyme
plants would they grow and make a seat. The hay would eventually rot down
but my thinking was that the plants would grow and hold the whole thing
together. Any thoughts anyone ?

Kate

Only a guess but I think the hay will go mouldy eventually and spoil the
effect. Can you make a concrete base for the bricks, perhaps painting it
green, or mixing soot with it to make it darker? Or hunt around for someone
selling off bricks - eBay?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk