Old 15-05-2008, 11:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
[email protected] JustMe1978a@gmail.com is offline

Default Ride-on problem

On May 15, 6:04 pm, (Mel M Kelly) wrote:
I have never found anyone at Home Depot that knows anything. If you
don't know what you need don't bother going there.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

What I actually needed from them was the name of the local shop that
does the warranty repairs. I spoke to them and they said they did a
PDI. I asked if that meant starting it up and he said yes.

I told him that was impossible. Neither battery cable was attached and
one of them needed to be manipulated (from a straight position to a
pretty tight U position) to meet the terminal. If it had been hooked
up, the cable would have had a bend in it. Also the two screws had no
tool marks on them and the gas tank smell of plastic, not gas when I
stuck my nose over the opening to see if there was any fuel in it.

I ended up calling Home Depot back and told them I wanted to exchange
it for another one - that I didn't want to take a chance on a machine
that hasn't worked from minute one.

I'm still waiting to hear back from them.