Old 16-05-2008, 12:55 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Is this Normal?

On Wed, 14 May 2008 23:41:49 EDT, Peter Pan wrote:

The pond sits in the middle of several trees, and yes I did scoop out a
bunch leaves and other things that fell from the oaks / birch.
What is a good way of getting the debris from the bottom of the pond? I
tried a pool skimmer attached to a hose but that didn't work. I also
used a pool net neither did a good job.

As Hal mentioned, you'll have to clean the gunk out first. Depending on
size of pond a shop vac works very well.

Then do daily water changes, 10%/day till it clears, and don't forget to
use dechlor or detox for chloramines, if using tap water. Or you might want
to use a carbon filter on the hose, but that only works for chlorine
treated water, not chloramines treated water (if I remember correctly).
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us