Old 16-05-2008, 05:38 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
mleblanca mleblanca is offline

Default Garden Fence

On May 15, 11:25 am, Billy wrote:
In article , Charlie wrote:
Weather guesser predicting 101F for in town. We always run a little
hotter.

Uh.......that is way out of range. Please resample.

Ay, ay cap'n. Uh, better make that oy,oy, cap'n. I resampled and the
upshot of it all is that IT'S "HOT".

We be 95F'd cap' @ 11:30 in the blessed AM.

I worry for Emilie, out there in the Devil's own furnace, a.k.a. Cantral
Valley. I can't remember if she has elevation to moderate the heat or is
just gonna' take it in the shorts.

Talk to you on the other side of the heat cap'n.

Shields up, er, umbrellas up.

--
Bush Behind Bars

Billyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KVTfcAyYGg&ref=patrick.nethttp://au.youtube.com/watch?v=7WBB0svwMdY&feature=related

Well Thank you Billy. We are not at any elevation other than about
200ft.
So yes, it was a hot'un today. my little min/mx thermometer said
"103.5"
today. It's 80 at 9:30pm. Windows all open and fans are going it's
fine.
We didn't stay down here after lunch today. One nice thing about
having
mountains of a good size nearby. A 30mile drive and it was about 78
with
a nice breeze. There are snow drifts in the shade at about 5000 ft
( also a whole lot of snow up at Lassen Nat Park....about 8 feet still
up there
at about 6 or 7000 ft. )

We went looking for early wildflowers at a few favorite meadows/bogs/
creeks.
Found Trilliums, Dogwood, Saxifrage in bud, Cobra Lilies (or CA
Pitcher Plant)
in bloom, Marsh Marigolds (ours are white) Buttercups, Bleedinghearts,
and
Steer's Head (Dicentra uniflora). Lots of little green things poking
their noses
up and the creeks were rushing full of snowmelt. It was a nice day up
there.

I have golf ball sized 'maters and onions, and the boysenberries are
starting
to turn red. I deadheaded roses until about 11 am when it got too hot
in the
sun. That's when we had lunch and headed for the "high country"

Emilie
NorCal