Old 16-05-2008, 06:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Garden Fence

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Thu, 15 May 2008 18:04:11 -0700, Billy wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

The weather gods have been merciful. After a quick run up of the
temperature this morning, a breeze settled in and is keeping us around
99F accuweather.com & 100F weather.com()

I may have been a tad precipitous. It is 6 PM and 101F. Instead of
dropping to 93F tomorrow, the forecast now is for 103F. Sunflowers came
up today:-)

Uhhh...sorry to appear ignorant about climate outside of me own
backyard, but isn't this just a tad bit warmish for this time of year?
And in your area?

Charlie, looking fer signs of some sort ;-)

Oh, ye know how ma Nature is. Her habits are hard to divine.
Last year we went to 109F in May, very peculiar thing to happen.
In '96, we had rain in June, unheard of. Hot today, worse tomorrow.
Only thing that makes it bearable is knowing that soon, everybody will
be down in the same hole that we are in. Then we can all laugh about
it;o) Uh, that's not PC is it? Hmmm

Watered everything twice today. Found my passion flower. Thought I'd
lost it. Moving a hyssop down to the cabbage patch tomorrow and I'll
look around for my aeration stone. Gotta get up early to finish the
Dent corn patch. It just needs a little chicken doo, rock phosphate,
and some wood ash, and the drip laid out. Beautiful plant, Dent corn.
The Golden Bantam will be better eatin' but the Dent is spectacular too
look at. Goin' to put some of the Mammoth sunflowers in with it. In
the past I had them up by the road but now they will be down by
the front of the house where I can enjoy them more with "happy hour" and
dinner(once the mosquitos shove off).

Got "In Defense of Food " yesterday from the library. It's only a two
week loan so I guess I should get to it.

Fickt Bush.
--

Billy
Bush Behind Bars