Old 16-05-2008, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Glyphosate

In article ,
stuart noble writes:

| So, do you reckon injection by syringe is an effective delivery method
| for glyphosphates? I'm thinking particularly of borage where I could lop
| off the top of the plant and inject into the main stem as I go. This
| would presumably not deliver much volume of liquid but at least it would
| be accurately placed. The roots are about a foot long so digging out
| isn't really an option.

You don't mean borage - that is an annual.

You probably mean comfrey or alkanet. In my experience, alkanet
doesn't regrow from from far below ground, so digging it out to
4-6" down is successful. Comfrey may be a bit harder, but I should
have thought that digging it out to 6-8" down would work.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.