Old 16-05-2008, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default Glyphosate

Sacha wrote:
On 16/5/08 10:23, in article , "stuart
noble" wrote:

snip
So, do you reckon injection by syringe is an effective delivery method
for glyphosphates? I'm thinking particularly of borage where I could lop
off the top of the plant and inject into the main stem as I go. This
would presumably not deliver much volume of liquid but at least it would
be accurately placed. The roots are about a foot long so digging out
isn't really an option.

Borage! And there's me desperate for some. I'm the only person I know
that's killed it off! Don't get rid of it, just buy more Pimms. ;-))

Nick's right I think. It's not my garden, so I can't nip out and check,
but it looks like it's alkanet. The soil's good so it probably won't be
that difficult to get down to a fork depth, and hopefully I won't need a
weedkiller at all.
That just leaves the onion weed, which is occupying the shady side of
what should be the lawn. The grass stops where the weed starts, so I
guess it's preventing the grass from growing. Any advice on that front?