Old 16-05-2008, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
teapot teapot is offline

Default lawnmower problem

On 16 May, 08:10, Alan wrote:
In message
,
teapot wrote

I have aSovereignClassic 35lawnmowerwith a Briggs and Stratton
engine. While cutting the grass last week the engine started to....

On my mover the gauze fuel filter being almost completely blocked with
'gunk' caused the same problem. Remove the carburettor and the filter
will be on the part that pokes into the fuel tank. I pulled off the
filter and washed it in clean petrol using a paint brush.

Check also the state of the petrol in the fuel tank *I also cleaned out
some rubbish in the tank (probably emulsified water contamination) with
clean petrol.

While you have the caberator/petrol tank apart consider replacing the
rubber seal between them as this can also perish causing similar
problems.

Thanks for all the responses. I know its not the plug as it works fine
in my neighbours mower, but I will follow up your suggestions
regarding the fuel system.