Old 16-05-2008, 04:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Best place to buy ladybugs

In article
,
Sam wrote:

I would like some ladybugs for my SMALL garden. 9foot by 5 foot. I
have ants, so I assume aphids. Where is the best place online to by a
small qty of them.

Any tips for keeping them around?

Okay, so nobody else answered your question... I've seen them for sale
in various garden catalogues and I don't think it seems to matter. I
bought some beneficial nematodes at random and have had very few fleas
since!

Let's try google:

http://tinyurl.com/5e5quo

Look thru the sites the search turned up and just choose the best price
with a LIVE DELIVERY guarantee. :-)

I got lucky and got mine for free. I went out to the employee parking
lot one night and evidently they were migrating! They were all over the
cars under the lights.

I spend two hours gathering as many as I could find...
--
Peace! Om

until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein