Old 16-05-2008, 04:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default taxes and the best place to vegetable garden?

In article ,
"Katey Didd" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news

I garden in all raised beds and containers.

What kind of soil or soil mix do you use in the raised beds and containers?

A mix of local dirt I dig out of what used to be my emu and chicken pens
mixed with mulch and limestone sand. I occasionally add commercial
topsoil as needed.

In some of the containers, I'm just using what I'm digging out of the
old emu pen. I had lined them generously with sand at one time to keep
the mess under control. The pens no longer exist but the soil is rich
with composted manure in the sand I bought from the quarry.

It's working well in the pots when I mix it with some commercial mulch
from Lowe's.
--
Peace! Om

until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein