Old 16-05-2008, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default Glyphosate

Sacha wrote:
On 16/5/08 12:06, in article , "stuart
noble" wrote:

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
stuart noble writes:

| That just leaves the onion weed, which is occupying the shady side of
| what should be the lawn. The grass stops where the weed starts, so I
| guess it's preventing the grass from growing. Any advice on that front?

Onion weed? I think that we need a bit more information :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Looks like a white bluebell and smells strongly when crushed. Allium
triquetum I think.
As I said, I'm working from memory here. Very frustrating :-)

Aka Ransoms or wild garlic. Dig it up or spray it seems to be the only way.
I rather like it so when I had it in a previous garden, I always kept some
of it. But it absolutely fills the verges of some of the lanes round here.

Thanks for the positive ID. If I thought it would behave itself in a
lawn, I might leave it alone, but I'm beginning to wonder if the
antiseptic properties might actually deter other plants. It certainly
looks that way