Old 16-05-2008, 07:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emrys Davies Emrys Davies is offline

Default Glyphosate

Martin,

I should have said that amongst the recommendations for use is included
'It is also recommended for clearing up weedy ground prior to planting
or sowing' so that, you may think, dispels the fear of other drastic
ingredients being present.

Thanks a lot,
Emrys Davies

"Martin Brown" wrote in message
Emrys Davies wrote:
Jeoff. and Martin,

Thanks a lot for that.

The weedkiller to which I refer is known as Spasor Biactive

Herbicide.
A solubable concentrate containing 480 g\l (41%) isopropylamine

salt of
glyphosate, equivalent to 360 g\l glyphosate.

Would your comments i.e. that it is safe to plant in land to which
Glyphosate has been applied, apply to Spasor Biactive Herbicide?

Just check the small print to make sure "biactive" doesn't mean it

also
contains some other more persistant weedkiller as well. I knew someone
who used "Pathclear" on their lawn. It killed the weeds OK, but it was
the devils own job to get grass to regrow on the bare patches.

Glyphosate is astonishingly lethal to green plants considering how
relatively benign it is to mammals.

You have more to fear from the surfactant wetting agents than from the
active ingredient. By the time the weeds are dead the glyphosate will

be
totally inert on the clay and partially decomposed to boot.

Regards,
Martin Brown