Old 16-05-2008, 08:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default I need to help my adopted yucca but i know nothing

In article ,
paterson00 wrote:

I have just been given a 6ft yucca that had been chopped down and left
to dry out ready for firewood BUT while it was left to dry out it
started to sprout new shoots, and since i had expressed an interest and
the plant looked as though it may survive i have been given
it................. in two three foot pieces. Pretty much just logs
with some shoots coming out the sides. I have put them in the ground
in the hope they may survive.

What can i do to assist its revival............both bits.

I know nothing about gardening really.

Yucca, grow only, on average, a half inch per year. The tree also has
just one pollinator, the Yucca Moth.

Frequently, Joshua Trees are seen growing in groups and this
happens because they can grow from underground rhizomes. They can
also grow from seed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yucca
--

Billy