Old 16-05-2008, 09:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Glyphosate

In article ,
"Daddy Tadpole" writes:

| Note that although the product is old and well out of patent, it is still
| being heavily promoted. This is no doubt due to the commercial existence of
| GM crops that are resistant to it.

Coming soon to a weed near you ....

| I have no fixed opinion on GM or on agrochemicals, but those interested in
| informed debate will be aware of the pressures that might arise if the
| safety of glyphosate is called into question.

Considering what happened to me over Benlate, yes, indeed. An agent
of the makers was watching this group. My speculation was right and
the official line was a load of porkies.

Another area where there is massive pressure is over the possibility
that the use of 'sun screen' creams may actually be a significant factor
in the 'melanoma epidemic'. You won't see that reported, but there is
considerable evidence pointing that way and some ongoing research (but
very much under wraps).

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.