Old 16-05-2008, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default lawnmower problem

On Fri, 16 May 2008 11:38:47 +0100, adm wrote:

Yup. With my Mountfield petrol mower, every spring I would need to
empty out any remaining fuel and replace with fresh, then also take the
spark plug out and bake it in the oven for a while.

Did our "lawn" last week. First time the mower had been used since Oct or
Nov last year. Checked the oil looked at the plug (but didn't do anything)
filled it with petrol from the can last used Oct/Nov. Primed it pulled,
nothing, repeat twice and off it went I suspect I didn't prime it enough
to refill the chambers in the carb. Bog standard B&S engine, probably
what you have on the "Mountfield".

It might be a bet more interesting starting the two stroke strimmer, that
only got two or three outgings last year and hasn't be used for a lot
longer than the mower.

--
Cheers
Dave.