Old 16-05-2008, 08:38 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
kathy[_3_] kathy[_3_] is offline

Default raccoon war

Last year the raccoon tromped iris island.
This year he is after the dog food.
So far it is raccoon 3, homeowners 0.

DH thought he had the lid to the dog food storage
down tight. Didn't work. We moved the dog food to
another container and put two heavy pottery bowls
with plants on it. Last night one of them hit the deck
and broke at 1am and I caught the raccoon bending
back the lid (this is not an easy feat!).
Raccoon kept coming back every few minutes until
I got DH out of bed, armed us with a broom and went
out and rescued the dog food and brought it indoors.

Next plan DH plans to bungy cord the original container
shut..... anyone want to place bets?

k :-)