Old 17-05-2008, 06:15 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
www.locoworks.com www.locoworks.com is offline

Default Terrible Two-Tomato Torment.

On May 15, 5:03Â*pm, "J. & J. Doe" wrote:
"www.locoworks.com" wrote in message

On May 12, 8:34�pm, "J. & J. Doe" wrote:
Â*Not all tomatoes

do well in greenhouses even with the proper nutrition.

Damn! Â*I wish I'd known that. Â*The only reason I got the greenhoouse
was to grow tomatoes! Â*I don't think that it's a nutrient problem.
The soil is that "garden" soil that is supposed to be pre-fertilized
for an entire season.

There are tomatoes out there just for greenhouse growing. Google should
bring something up. I used a mix of peat moss, bagged topsoil, bagged
composted cow manure plus some of those coarse chips called Soil Conditioner
from Lowe's. I mixed it all together and fertilized with Miracle Grow maybe
once a week. This plant was moved outside and is still producing tomatoes
and still in the 30g tub.

Well, the brandywine seems to love it in there. I shall Google for
info on some friends for it.