Old 18-05-2008, 01:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Faz Faz is offline

Default Phal question?????

Today, I was repoting my Phal which had one stock with about 4 flowers on it
and I accidentally broke the flower spike. I was repotting because it came
in a 3" pot and there was more root outside the pot than in it. The roots
and leaves look healthy so I snipped off (shudder) the flower spike as it
was bent and broken and laying on the table. Will this orchid still grow
more spikes with flowers if I treat it with kid gloves? Is there anything I
should do special for it?

Thanks...Chuck.