Old 17-05-2008, 11:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Bath water

On 17/5/08 17:17, in article ,
"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote:

The message
from Anne Jackson contains these words:
The message from Rusty Hinge 2
contains these words:

Also I want a piece of fruitwood for a steeply-dropped butt on a
full-length flintlock rifle stock. Sort-of bent at the base. I had a
fine piece of wild cherry which was growing out of one of my hedges. It
was just the right size, and just the right shape, and, it was beginning
to show signs of dying-off, so I dug it out and sealed all the cut roots
and the cut top with wax and left it in the cart-store for a few years.
Being very hard-up when it was seasoned, and not knowing anyone who
could be relied upon to do a proper job with a whizzy-round saw, I put
it in a sawing horse and cut it down with a ripsaw. When the first plank
fell away it revealed a patch of rot in such a position that I couldn't
get a stock out of it at all.

While the wood wasn't wasted, I still have the ironwork for a New
England flintlock rifle waiting for attention...

You should've said earlier! We cut down a 20 y.o. plum tree
last year, to accommodate the summerhouse...

Another crime to lay at the door of the DWP.

Announcement of Competition for Urglers, Sheddi and Zetnuts:

Find the most apt words represented by the letters DWP...

Down with Plum trees.....

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk